Wednesday, 30 January 2013

A Sad Announcement - Willow Designs

I was sad to read on Monday that Willow Designs are closing down.  I have long been a fan of Sharon and her gorgeous designs, especially Walter & Winnie, the cute owls.  Get over there and get some bargains (CD-Roms are half price - I bought two that have been on my wish list for a while), and there is a big choice of digistamps.

Therefore, the challenge blog is hosting its final challenge, which closes today at 8 pm.

I am busy making a card and hopefully will have it done in time!

ETA - here is my card.

I didn't follow the theme as well, Happy Birthday, as I haven't put a sentiment on the front, but
obviously it would be suitable to give as a birthday card.

I used the Willow Designs digistamp, Wilbert with Flowers (so cute and I will be using this over and over again), coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens.   Most of the other 'ingredients' came from my scrap folder - a lovely piece of embossed Core-dinations (I forgot how much I love embossing - must get an Ebosser ASAP.  Well, it is my birthday soon!), a strip of orange holographic card and a left-over piece of paper printed out from a CD-Rom (trimmed with 'scallop' scissors).  The little flowers are from a wonderful pad of die-cut embellies that came with my Craftwork Cards Recipe Folder (a great purchase from QVC), and I added a couple of buttons from my button jar (so much fun rummaging in it!).  Nearly forgot to mention, that it is all mounted on one of my favourite kraft base cards.

I also enter this into -

Use It Tuesday - #48, Warm It Up: Use Red, Orange and Yellow

Paper Playtime - #2, Use Some Brown

One Stitch at a Time - #148, Use A Digi

Kraftin Kimmies Stamps - #163, Something Old, Something New!


 
Speccies used - TN5, TN1, TN3, EB2, CR2,
CR3, GB5, OR2, OR1, OR3, CG4, GG1

9 comments:

  1. Fab card.

    Shame Willow Designs are closing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love the way you laid the papers and tore some. Beautiful and sweet. Thanks for leaving a nice comment @ Paper Playtime. We are glad you visited us today and able to enter our challenge. I LOVE Feline Playful! I visit them everyday and keep a list of ongoing challenges. Have a very fun, creative day! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about Willow Designs. Your card is adorable! I love all those warm tones.
    Thanks for playing along at Use It Tuesday!
    Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the card it is just so sweet,I am a big rabbit.
    Kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow fab image and great colours, thanks for sharing at osaat hugs trisha x dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute image and the card is just lovely...thanks for sharing. Good luck on the KKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card! Thanks for digging into your scraps and playing along with us at UIT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet bunny card and such a shame Willow Designs are closing. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Jennie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x