Saturday, 5 January 2013

A Quickie!! (Now updated to include piccies)

I haven't managed to get a blog post done for a while.  You would have thought having a new fancy Windows 8 computer with a big screen would help, but actually it is taking ages to get everything set up and connected properly.  I still haven't got the Blue Tooth connection working properly, so getting photos off my phone is not as simple as it should be.

My main reason for this post is - I CANNOT COMMENT ON BLOGS.  I am going on and reading lots of fabulous posts, but we are struggling to find out why I am being blocked from leaving comments.  Must be something to do with the new security software, but Rich is reluctant to allow me to turn this off completely.  I am not ignoring you all - and hopefully we will get it sorted soon.

I have already broken my New Years Resolution to not buy anything apart from plain paper/card and adhesives.  Both of my local craft shops had sales on, and it would have been rude not to have bought a few nice additions to my craft room! 

I have a long list of craft projects for January, and will be actually creating something tomorrow - rather than spending time on Facebook/Twitter/blogs/forums/Yahoo group.  I could easily be a full-time crafting journalist!

Hope that everyone is ok and adjusting back to 'normal' life.  My biggest news is that the farmhouse renovation starts next week.  Will take photos as work progresses.  We should be in within 7 months.  Exciting!  So looking forward to having our own home, - and the HOT TUB!!

Ali x

ETA - I tried again to leave a comment on a blog post, and it WORKED!!  Not being too optimistic, as this has happened before.  Perhaps the security software is having a little snooze?

Working on my Bluetooth connection now, and then perhaps you can see some piccies later.

The very first card I made with my
Silhouette Cameo.  The base card,
snowflake, banner and sentiment all cut
from their designs.  I then stamped
snowflakes on the base card with a gold
inkpad.  (The snowflake and sentiment were
cut from a gorgeous patterned paper.)


Gorgeous stamps - all in the sale at one
of our local craft shops (if you are in
Haverfordwest, go and see Paul in the
Indoor Market).

























 
Magazines (with free gifts), Gorjuss toppers,
big bag of buttons and some embellies

4 comments:

  1. exciting news for you about your new home...and hot tub. I agree it would have been rude not to buy from your local craft shop sale....how hurt they'd have been lol. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can get it sorted so you canpost.

    The sales are so tempting, but so far I have been good.......but watch this space:)

    Hope you get your crafting done tomorrow.

    Looking forward to seeing how your renovations come on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our friend had the problem of not being able to comment, but we can't remember if she solved it or it solved itself, how frustrating for you though. Hope you are keeping well in all this dreary weather. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the card. Your crafting stash looks good. I like to buy Let's Make Cards, but only buy others when the freebies are worth it:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x