Wednesday, 12 December 2012

WOYWW 184

If you do not know what WOYWW stands for (What is on your workdesk Wednesday) and why we are posting piccies of where we craft, or you are fully aware of its meaning and would either like to join in or just have a good sneaky nose about, then go to Julia's Stamping Ground for more details.

I haven't shared my workspace with you all for a couple of weeks, which is good in some ways - my craft room has been taken over at times by parcel deliveries.  I have managed to tidy up a fair bit and now there is actually room on my desks to craft.

The past week has been busy - in every way.  I have managed to ride my pony once (just 30 minutes up the lane, mostly in walk - didn't hurt me too much, but I did struggle to get my foot high enough to get on her.  Note to self - must get a mounting block!) and also walked her out inhand a few times.  She gets fat and lazy if she stands around eating hay/straw all day!!  Most of my Xmas cards have been written out and will be posted later today.  Lots of Xmas pressie deliveries have arrived. 

Crafting - apart from making angels (see my post from yesterday here), I made a few extra Xmas cards to go with various swaps, which included a winter theme bookmark (my first thought was of a landscape in suitably frosty colours, but then I found these cows!)



and a spooky theme ATC (nice change to make something non-festive).  This was for Haunted Design House.  A fab blog where I can channel my inner love of all things gothic/spooky! 



I even made a birthday card, so there is definitely light at the end of the festive crafting tunnel.

My desk this week had a Xmas pressie to myself on it.  I have been putting a pair of heated booties on my pressie list for 3 years now and never got any.  So, when I was doing some shopping online for other people's pressies, these just fell into the box as well.

 
 
 
Now to the final photo - of my actual desk, when some crafting was taking place.  Not taken this morning (it is dark and nothing is going on).  It shows the spooky ATC being completed, the 2 angels watching at the side and the remaining ATC designs - bought on ArtFire
 




Happy WOYWW to everyone and have a fabulous week.

Ali x

21 comments:

  1. love your spooky ATc fab trace x #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, I got myself a thing to warm my feet. You put the pad in the microwave for two minutes then place it in the thingy that you then put your feet in. When I'm not using that I wear two pairs of socks and my bootie slippers.

    Bookmark and ATC are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love that cow, where did you get him? I call my daughter Moo (long story) it would be perfect for her.

    Tidy desk too. sorry got stuck with at the cow.
    Oh and good for you for getting out for a walking ride.


    Eliza 12
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali, Cows with Christmas hats - great fun. Your spooky ATC is terrific too. Heated booties sound just the thing for here - it was -4 degrees here yesterday morning! Happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #32

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd fight you for those booties this morning Ali! :) It's flipping chilly here to say the least.

    Happy WOYWW, hugs, Di #40

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cosy booties are just what i could do with today to keep my feet worn, Lovel all the crafting things you've made , Jill #30

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cow pics are a mooosing! We love them. Let us know if the heated boots work. We have Reynauds and despite our paws being furry we're never warm.

    The bears @#62 this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I am doing the Haunted House swap too! I have sent mine off and looking forward to receiving my swaps - it is such fun to do something a little different. Love the cow Christmas card, that is so cute and quite a nice change for christmas too. Great heated boots too. Hugs, Anne x #21 (thanks for your visit)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those utterly merry cows!! How fun!

    Happy Wednesday,
    Nadia (WOYWW #58)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those boots will be great for the cold weather we're having now and soothing tired feet. Love the Christmas cows too - so cute. Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your desk looks like a lovely tranquil place to be and I am dead jealous of those cozy booties - my feet can be cold in summer so these would be wonderful! Have a great week, hugs Jenny #70

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those udderly gorgeous cows and those furry feet, ooh, bliss!
    Hugs, Neet xx 2

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am envious of your fabulously busy desk and all that you have been doing! Haven't finished any cards for Christmas...I had a great time on my cruise but now I am so feeling the crunch of the holiday season. I plan on getting the tree and decorations up by Friday and leaving them till...?? I hope you have your holiday plans more in control then I do! Thanks for visiting my desk and leaving such a nice comment! Have a great week! Vickie #3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those cows!!!! Happy WOYWW Anne x #110

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the craftiness, but seriously...the boots...LOVE! They look so fluffy and warm. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by! Tammy #80

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you didn't do the landscape for the bookmark...your cows are hilarious! Love them! I laughed when I saw you bought a pressie for yourself for Christmas...when I was growing up my Mum always put on under the tree "to Jessie from Jessie" she said she wanted to make sure she got what she wanted & that my Dad was useless at shopping! LOL I could use those heated slippers right now as it is nasty cold here.
    Hugs, Renee #101

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a wonderful collection of your work Ali. I especially love the ATC. Great composition and use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cow bookmark is very cute and your ATC very spooky. Glad you are having crafty fun and that you got the slippers you've wanted. Thanks for visiting me already and hope you are having a happy WOYWW. . . er, Thursday. :) ~ Laura #90

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those cows are udderly adorable!
    You have been very busy and those slippers sound great!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #11

    ReplyDelete
  20. enjoy the booths! happy woyww Lindsay #82

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post and those slippers are fab... why not treat yourself!! you deserve it for sure.
    I just popped over to thank you for Sraosha who winged in quite silently today. Didn't hear her land and there she was on the hall mat!! wonderful creation and so different. Quirky and very artsy too. Love her. I'll post her on Weds to share on WOYWW. It's been such a fun swap and everyone has enjoyed it so much. Thanks again
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x