Friday, 9 November 2012

The Ultimate Stash List - from the NEC

I did manage to get to the NEC yesterday.  Up at 4.30 am, started the drive @ 5.50 am, arrived at the NEC around 10.30 am (with 2 stops on the way - my pain gets worse when I drive or sit still for a while).  Left the show at 5.15 pm (definitely get a 2-day ticket next time and stay overnight in a hotel, as there was so much to see - I didn't get round to everything).  Hit the traffic from hell (I lived in the Midlands and London for 13 years, but had forgotten how bad it gets!) and took 40 minutes to go the first 3 miles.  With 2 stops on the way back again (one for food, the other for petrol), I arrived home at 10.15 pm.  Long day - lots of money spent - but so worth it. 

If anyone is considering going to the show this weekend, then definitely go.  There was a fabulous range of exhibitors, bargains galore, demonstrations and workshops (if you get there early enough to sign up).  I watched some Create & Craft filming with Anthea Turner - a good excuse to sit down for a while.

Yes, it was crowded.  Yes, I couldn't get a seat to eat my sandwiches at lunchtime (found a corner with clean purple carpet to sit on - and met 2 lovely ladies, one from Cornwall, another from Scotland, had a good chat about embroidery).  Yes, I had to keep taking painkillers regularly and mid-afternoon was forced to sit down with a cake/drink.  But, I met so many lovely people, saw some really useful demo's and treated myself to a huge amount of stash.  I have got a ticket for the trade show in February and hope to get to the public show in March as well.  However, I will definitely stay in a hotel overnight and get some rest.

For those who asked, this is the stash list -

Packs of Kraft card and Super Smooth Ivory card.
8" square Kraft cards and envelopes.
2 x Xmas Owl decoupage sheets and a backing paper (from House of Zandra).
Angel Fibres.
Mini Cardboard Tiles.
Purple 'Brush Bucket'
Ink Blending foam pads.
3 x Shimmer Magic sprays.
Simply Cards & Papercraft mag.
Hot off The Press Vintage Christmas mag and kit.
PaperArtsy stamps.
Stretched Burlap frame.
Wood buttons.
Xmas Clay Cutters.
Imagination Crafts - stencil tape, 3 x stencil templates and 2 x Sparkle Medium.
Quick Cards Made Easy mag & goody bag.
2 x finger lift tape.
3 x packs of gems.
3 x Distress Inkpads.
2 x 12"x12" file folders.
2 x large acrylic blocks.
Penny Black stamps - Air Mail.
Owl Embellies & Horse World Embellies.
Penny Black 'Slapstick' stamp - Ragged Angel (gorgeous|!!)
Happy Birthday Owl stamp from Ludiec.
Nellie Shellent stamp - Cowboy.
MDF Mini Book.
6 x Xmas ribbons.
Paper pad.
Sub to Creative Cardmaking mag - with Free Docrafts Papermania Wheeled Large Tote (this was the best thing ever.  I was struggling to carry my bags, and this swallowed up everything, plus coat, and it was really easy to wheel around, plus the walk back to the car.  Go for this sub offer when you get to the show, or take a wheeled shopping trolley with you.
Double pack of Cute Puppies & Kittens CD-Roms.
Pack of heart embellies.

100 extra bonus points for getting to the end of this - imagine how long it took for me to unpack my tote and write the list!!  And now I have to find homes for everything in my craft room!

Ali x

ps  I forgot to put my WOYWW badge and did look around for anyone else wearing one, but didn't spot any.

Mel, Anthea and Nigel from C&C.
A really good scrapbooking session.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Sounds like one super day. You did well. I'd have to stay over and use my wheelchair to go round but that stash list looks like it would be worth it!!! Take care Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time despite the pain - the reason I didn't go to the Scottish show this year - and that is an impressive shopping list. I'll be looking to see all those owls you were tempted to making an appearance here :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had a good day even if you do need a week to recover now! I used to live near Shrewsbury and went to the show every March and November and I really miss it.
    have fun using all that new stash.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a good time...hope you are not too sore still!!!

    Sounds like a great haul...lots of stash there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x