Wednesday, 24 October 2012

WOYWW 177

I have finally taken a photo of the stamp - mounted onto the lovely block with handle, which came with the stampmaking machine.  I haven't had a chance to try out the software - you can use it to make a stamp from a photo or any other image - as far too much time has been spent sorting out our cottage - but will post an update soon.



















This will be a short post today, as I wasn't going to be here.  I am trying to be a good wife and really get on with the housework, preparing our cottage for our new manager and his family to move into on Saturday, and sorting out builders for the farmhouse renovation.  As well as the usual animal care, dog walking and the totally necessary resting in front of the tv!

However, I woke early, so here I am telling the world about my crazy life.  We link up on Wednesdays through Julia's blog, http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/, and share our workspaces.

My picture shows my Teresa Collins Stampmaker machine, which I bought last year and still hadn't got round to using.  I needed to make a stamp for a postcard swap (or buy something - and I had run out of time), so it finally came out of its box and it was so easy to use.  I used one of the designs that came with it - 2 trees - to make the 'spooky' postcard.  Now I have the option to completely personalise my stamping.  It will be in use again this week, as I need to make some circus themed twinchies, and I do not have any circus stamps in my collection.  It came with software so you can create stamps from your own photos/any other picture - so I can find a suitable image online and then transfer it over.

I have done some other crafting.  I made a lovely card for my sister's birthday, and then lost it!!  I am sure I put it out in the usual place (on top of the tv in the kitchen) for posting, but it is not there and I have searched everywhere else.  It will probably turn up soon, but her birthday is today so I will have to grab a card from my box and post it with an apology.  I found the original card as soon as I had posted a replacement!!!

Happy WOYWW to everyone.  I should be good and not come back on here until this evening, but I may sneak on to visit a few people.

Ali x


21 comments:

  1. Wow exciting, making your own stamps! Have fun trace x 46

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the stamp... and your desk :O(

    Totally understand - hope you manage to do what you need to do to get everything ready but remember, pace yourself (I'm a fine one to talk)...

    Please show any future stamps you get.

    I know a site where there are some free commercial use images of a circus/clown/big top - drop me a line and i'll get the link. paulagale(at)sky(dot)com

    Happy WOYWW
    #21

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear you like your stamp maker! I have thought about looking further into one of those, but I hardly ever hear about anyone using theirs, so I didn't know if it was because they were hard to use, or just seemed scary to learn. Either way, I'm glad to hear you're using yours now!

    Amy E. #1
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. pleased you got around to using such a fab machine it looks great, no doubt the card will turn up as soon as you post off the other ...sound like youve got a lot on!... have a good week and hope you get some time for yourself.. x #99

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ali I never heard of the stamp maker before. I will have to check it out on Youtube to see a demo. I love stamps but I don't know if I could make my own.

    You sound like you have a lot on your plate. And as for losing a card you made , I have been there more than once. Well when you find it, you will be ready next year!!

    Have a blessed week!

    Belinda (28)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personalised stamping - that sounds amazing... look forward to seeing what you create!
    Alison x
    #35

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i've never heard of a stampmaker... how fun!! enjoy :)
    have a great week :)
    no. 52

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've never heard of a stamper maker before...
    have a great week :)
    no. 52

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I saw that on TV, it looked fantastic so it's good to hear it really is. I like the idea of making my own stamps......one day! Take care Zo xx 71

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen this machine on the Net, and wondered how it worked,and if it would be worth the $$. BUT where is your stamp?
    Krisha #40

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a nifty machine! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Katie 35
    http://adventuremonkeys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. would love to see the finished stamps
    have a super woyww
    kay #57

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look forward to seeing the stamps you make with your machine - thanks for visiting me and have a great week - Nicky 53

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever invention. We didn't know there was such a great machine available for home use. Maybe a wishlist item for us.

    Thanks for visiting the bears today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a friend that bought one of these last year also and she has never used it. L told me the directions are difficult to understand. Look forward to seeing stamps you make. Hope you have a crafty week! Vickie #91

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ali - thanks for stopping by.
    I've often looked at these kits but never plucked up the courage to buy one - look forward to see what you make with it and how happy you are with it!
    Caz
    #144

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought a stamp machine years ago and tried to make stamps and got it wrong and all sorts of bother, so it got put back into the case and that is where it stayed. Sounds like this one is good, I think I will stay tuned to find out more. Oh what happened to the desk shot LOL?

    Happy crafting
    Eliza 88

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sound busy...take care and have fun with your new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh, nice stamp making machine, and your pen storage in the earlier post.

    Thanks for visiting my desk already

    kyla #64

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've not seen the stamp making machine. Please, do show us the sample and let us know if we can't live without one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x