Wednesday, 17 October 2012

WOYWW 176

Doing my cheeky 'type this on Tuesday evening so I can get higher on the list on Wednesday morning' thing!  Watching the Great British Bake Off final and getting hungry.

WOYWW is the weekly trip around the world to spy on other crafters - organised by Julia on her blog, Stamping Ground.  Come and join in.

I have had lots of requests for a follow-up on my purchase of Spectrum Noir pens and storage.  So here are a few photos. 

Empty storage unit (very easy to put together)




















With the pens - I will be reorganising them




















After watching the first 2 sections of the fab DVD that came with my set, I have used the pens to make a card for my Dad's birthday.  It is wonderful having so many different colours to play with, and makes blending a lot easier.

I am still going through the process of downsizing my craft room, complicated by having no internet for the past 3 days.  The green light is restored on our wifi device, so I can now get more stash listed on Ebay tomorrow - Spellbinders and other dies/embossing folders mainly (now I have sold my Cuttlebug - didn't use it a great deal and found it difficult to manage at times because of my stiffness/pain).  This has the added benefit of helping to clear my credit card balance!

I must really get back to regular crafting again - got lots of birthday cards over the coming months, plus Xmas cards of course - and various monthly challenges (ATCs, Twinchies and a Postcard).  I am also keen to start on scrapbooking and a journal.  No pressure then!

Really need more hours in the day - and a lot more energy - or an assistant (anyone like to live in rainy/windy Pembrokeshire - lots of food, mostly from the freezer - and a large untidy craft space?) !!

Happy WOYWW to everyone.

Ali x
 
It has taken nearly 3 hours to get the software and bluetooth connection sorted between my new phone and the computer!  At least now it will be easier (was having to email them to myself before).  I dread to think what number I will be on the list now!

18 comments:

  1. Oooh the pens do look fab in their new home! I need to watch the DVD and play a bit more with mine. Take care Zo xx 78

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would live anywhere for the use of an untidy craft room! tee hee - love all your pens and their storage. Thanks for sharing - Sunshine Girl no. 57

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pens look gorgeous, glad you're enjoying them. Argh to phone/pc handshaking, I accidentally upgraded to iOS6 last month and wasted a whole afternoon doing it. I hate that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali Doesn't matter where you are on the list - just as long as you are here !! Hope the internet thing gets sorted soon ! Rainy & windy here in Carmarthenshire too !! Take care & have a good week ! Ali #48

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Ali H says--it doesn't matter where you are, in fact, I'm pretty sure I've been dead last before!

    (Pa's real life fiddle was in the museum, by the way!)

    Thanks for stopping by this woyww!
    :)trisha
    #137 this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. thAt is an awesome pen rack! Do you like the spectrum pens? I bought a pack and on was dried out and none were juicy. I wonder if they took a long time to get from the UK to the states or something. Anyway Happy WOYWW-Lindsay #7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    What fun you must be having with all of those beautiful colors! I look forward to seeing you new creations! Wishing you a sunshine day!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you find somewhere you can get extra hours in the day from please let me know :-)
    Hugs,
    A x #62

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you're higher on the list than I am! And I tried to pre-post on Tuesday night too! Funny how we strive for higher on this list...tehe. Sold the Cuttlebug! Oh my! But I too need to down size my stash of Nesties...eBay, huh? May have to try that. Have fun coloring! I've gone just the opposite way...want to sell my Copics as its to difficult to hold them to color nicely. Well, we all make adjustments don't we? :) h
    have a great week. Nan 117

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oo don't those pens look gorgeous all set out like a rainbow. x jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh we feel a need for that fab storage for our Spec Noir pens, off to search the Internet.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fab rack it looks fab..a colour feast for us crafters indeed,hope your new internet connection works out well and you get your stash for selling sorted .Nothing better than the opportunity to have a clearout and maybe get some new essentials ! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great organization...it takes longer than we expect to do it. I've about had it with trying to downsize. And computer/electronic issues...frustrate me so I can do it fine just takes longer than I want it too. Seems I work slower since I have retired. thanks for sharing, enjoyed your visit have a happy weekend #101

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pen storage... and good luck with all the ebay sales. I'm high on the list this week, but only because I couldn't sleep at all on Tuesday night - posted at 4.30am!!
    Alison x
    #31

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm drooling with envy! Those pens looks SO scrumptious! If they were mine I would just sit there looking at them! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Happy late WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. After reading your blog post last week I broke down and purchased a set of Spectrum Noir from Crafter Companion here in the states. I didn't get all the colors just 102 but will pick up the others as I go. Looking forward to getting them and playing with them! Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Glad you stopped by for a visit. Vickie #71

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your storage is awesome you have done a wonderful job setting it up. I have never really considered where on the list I go, just making it on the list is the bonus for me.

    Eliza 110

    ReplyDelete
  18. At least you're playing around with gadgets and colors and making good progress! I do not like to read directions so I'd be so much further behind you! You ever think of getting the Sizzix machine that is electric, I don't think theres any turning with that but I could be wrong. Any way that's what I wanted because I am a teeny bit lazy but I was gifted a Big Kick and I am happy with that. Tamika #124

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x