Wednesday, 3 October 2012

WOYWW 174

This is a bit of a rushed post, as I didn't get up early as planned and now I have a short period of time in the house inbetween walking the dogs and getting all the other animals sorted.

I have been busy in my craft room this week, including sorting out stash to sell.  We hope to be moving over to the old farmhouse this time next year (builders are working out what needs doing and how much it will cost!) and my craft room over there will be a lot smaller.  I have so much in here that I never use and I would rather have the money to buy more of what I want!  My Cuttlebug went yesterday - and my Copic pens are being bidded on (I have been thinking of changing over to Spectrum Noirs for a while - a lot fewer to collect and much cheaper, and everyone gives them a good review.  When I saw the Mega Deal on Create & Craft this week - all the pens, plus DVD and storage - I decided to treat myself).  Got all my Spellbinders and other embossing folders/dies to put on Ebay now, plus all the other drawers/boxes to go through and thin out.

My picture shows 2 copies of Craft Stamper magazine - been looking for ideas for a Halloween project - plus Halloween images ready to send off to a swap partner.  I bought 2 bottles of FolkArt paint last week (something else to collect!); already had a play with one of the colours and it is lovely to work with.  You can also see a layout that I created on CraftArtist 2 with a new digikit I bought from Ebay - Aviary Fable (lots of lovely owls, birds, foliage etc).  I am really enjoying learning all of the features on there.

I will be busy in the coming week - 3 birthday cards to make, plus Xmas cards and Halloween stuff.  I also have my second round of dental treatment under general anaesthetic on Monday (may have to have a tooth out), which I am trying to pretend is not happening.  My health hasn't been great and all I want to do is rest or craft, but we are busy on the farm/with builders so I am getting rest when I can and collapsing on the sofa at night.  Thank goodness for Tesco delivery, as I am not able to drive at the moment and it is wonderful to see the van arrive with our food (and my craft magazines!).

After saying I don't have much time, I have managed to waffle on for ages - so go over to Julia's Stamping Ground and see many other craft workspaces.  We do this every Wednesday and is part of our lives now.

Oh, and here is my piccy!

Happy WOYWW to everyone that I don't manage to visit.

Ali x


13 comments:

  1. Hi Ali - sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather when you life is in hectic mode. I think the craft doctor would recommend a good long spell shut in a craft room with a huge stash of pens! That is surely enough to cure many an ill! Hope you feel better soon. Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 65

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all the projects! Have a great day!
    Angie #91

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a bummer having to downsize the craft room. Your projects on the desk look fun and pretty!! Sorry you aren't feeling too well either. Brigita #112

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Ali!
    Sorry you haven't been feeling great - hope the treatment and moving go smoothly for you and don't cause you too much grief healthwise. The new farmhouse sounds interesting - does it have more land as well? It's great to hear of farmers doing well rather than contracting - good luck!
    Thanks for dropping by, I appreciate it :D
    Hugs, LLJ #1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ali,
    Thanks for leaving a comment, and yes the weather is fining up a bit now. I still get frightened of too much fine weather believe it or not. Ten years of drought and dreadful fires leaves a few mental scars so I still love the rain even when it's unseasonal. Not rational I know but I am looking forward to better summer weather than last year.
    Enjoyed looking at your desk, and it doesn't sound as though you're too perturbed about reducing your stuff. It's good to focus on what you like most, and try something new as well.
    Cheers,
    Ros. #35

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ali Thanks for coming by earlier - glad to hear you are getting some time to craft - well done you for selling stuff on - I think I ought to have a clear out too ! I did sell a lot of books back to Amazon on their Trade In scheme - not much money for them but the postage is free & you can stick them all in one parcel ! Sounds like you are still sneaking in some new stash too though ! Good luck with your op - let us know how you get on ! Ali #47

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear your not feeling yourself, I hope your sales go well so that you can get more lovely stash :) Jo #82

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for coming by to see me, Ali, with all you have going on. My goodness, I'm exhausted just reading about it! I don't know how you do it, honestly. You are an inspiration to the rest of us with Fibro, that's for sure.

    Good luck with the evolution of your craft room and all the other moving, too, of course! Take care! Special best wishes on the upcoming dental hell, er, work you're having done! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking desk. I need to go through my room of doom and clear out more stuff but still waiting on getting moved into the other room then things will definitely have to go. Have a great week. Vickie #22

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magazines can be very inspirational..I try to look to nature for that unusual 'feeling' that can lead to creativity too. Wishing you well for your Halloween projects. FolkArt paints are very good...happy creativity!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you are feeling better. Your desk is full of lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with all your selling, and feel better soon.
    Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog x
    Happy{sorry im late}WOYWW
    Hugz Minxy #24

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x