Wednesday, 26 September 2012

WOYWW 173

I am so keen to get back into the swing of things, that I am starting to type this on late Tuesday afternoon.  Cheating perhaps, obsessive perhaps - but it means that I will hopefully get higher on the list of workspaces on Julia's Stamping Ground this week.

WOYWW stands for What is on your Workdesk Wednesday - and is the day of the week when we link a blog post showing our desk/table/room whatever, and then explore the wild world of crafting through the other blog posts.  It is fun!!

My photo this week shows the result of me getting back into my craft room after an absence of 4 days.  We had no heating in the house except for the woodburner in the living room due to running out of oil, so I have been spending all my time keeping warm in the one room (except for occasional trips outside or to the kitchen/bathroom/bedroom).

I have made 2 cards today (both of which were largely done using Serif Craft Artist 2 software) and there is also a postcard I made for a UK Stampers swap (theme was colour).

Hope that everyone is well and happy, and hopefully not flooded (we have had horrible rain all night, but thankfully our immediate area is not prone to flooding).  I plan to get round lots of blogs this week - inbetween catching up with crafting projects, and the usual stuff that fill up my life (slowed down by my annoying body).

Ali x

17 comments:

  1. nice tidy desk with some lovely looking work there. good luck with keeping warm. I haven't any heating in my craft room so have already started piling on the woollies x toni#63

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fab; I've been playing with CAP2 as well. Hope you are keeping well, I've been really bad, mum's had to push me around in my wheelchair. For weeks I've hardly done a thing but I have started to feel better this week thankfully, that's why I've been so quiet on here. Take care Zo xx 73

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards and such a clean work space!!! LOL
    Krisha #40

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your cards and postcards look FAB, I'd have loved a close-up of them too. I clicked on the photo but it didn't get much bigger. My husband told me to leave my photos the original size to upload to my blog so when they are clicked on they are much bigger - maybe you don't want that but thought I'd mention it incase you didn't realise. Thanks for stopping by and would love to see what you make with your freebies BJ#42

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so nice and clean with lovely creatins.
    Thanks for visiting my grandaughter at the pony girl 06.
    She is planning a trip to Michaels to spend her tooth money on some fab new stamp or maybe even a copic pen! She told me very seriously that her Mum better find the coupon before they go!
    She lloked at me very seriously and said if she knew where to look, she would find it for her Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you have managed to get warm again,fab cards :)
    happy woyww
    kay #56

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty crafting you were finally able to get to, Ali! Sorry to hear about the flooding and hope you continue to stay high and dry!

    Thanks for coming by earlier! Have a great week! Darnell #74

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your cards and postcards! Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh at #11

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty cards there! Poor you, running out of oil - I suppose it hasn't been freezing but it's surprising how cold a house can get when there's no heating. Hope the delivery has now come!
    Hugs, LLJ #59 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards.. two great designs! I hope you have warmed up... Have a good week, Hugs May x x x#52

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is a little bit of both creative and obsessive! My husband was telling a friend that it was hell to get a hot meal around our house on Wednesdays sometimes cause of that 'desk group she belongs to!' Funny man I taught him to cook a long time ago! Love the cards! Thanks for visiting my blog! Vickie #87

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards! It always feels good to get back to the crafting after an absence, doesn't it? Hope the oil comes soon so you can get back to normal! Happy WOYWW! Tammy #102

    ReplyDelete
  13. i live in warm malaysia, at least, temporarily, so i am always dreaming of the cold :)... do keep warm though. happy day! melinda alpha #55

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Ali, your cards and tags or bookmarks -- can't tell -- are very pretty! It is a giant bummer to run out of fuel -- glad you are warm again. Thanks for visiting my blog already. ~ Laura #22

    ReplyDelete
  15. We've definitely needed the heating this last week haven't we, poor you not having any. I hope you are now fully supplied again.
    You have some beautiful looking cards on that lovely, neat desk.
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #80

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for showing the cards you made! Tamika #34

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x