Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Have a Fantastically Spiffing Birthday

It is wonderful to be back in my craft room.  We have not had any heating in the house since Thursday night (except for the woodburner in the living room), so I haven't ventured into my craft room except to grab my laptop and run!  I now have several cards to make, as well as a first attempt at an altered pencil tin lid, so will be here a lot over the next few days.

This bright, breezy and SteamPunky card is for my hubby's son's 22nd birthday (I don't call him stepson, as I don't think they would like to see me as their stepmum!).

He loves Monty Python, so thought a Steam Punk design would suit him.  I created the main 'topper' layers with the My Craft Studio Tinkering with Steampunk CD-Rom via my new Serif Craft Artist 2 software (fab!!) - and then used some scraps of card and paper to complete it.

I am entering this into -

Hooked on Craft Challenges - #24, Cards for Men

Love to Create - #34, Anything Goes

Make It Monday - #108, Always Anything Goes

Poisoned Peas Please - #7, Steampunk


Ali x





12 comments:

  1. Lovely! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge! Can't wait to see what you'll create next time! Come back and play with us soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours and design. Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look. Hugs Desire {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovley, thanks for joining us atLove to Create. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Poisoned Peas Please. I hope you will join us at the next challenge as well. :) Good Luck! Patti PPP DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful piece..sure your hubby liked it also. thank you for joining us at poisoned peas please.
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic masculine card anything Monty Python(ish) or steampunk catches my eye. LOVE what you've created here. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Happy Crafting...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat card! Thanks for participating in LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #111 and #124.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

    Hugs,

    Julia




    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ali,
    Spiffy card! Great job! Thank you for joining us at Poisoned Peas Please for our Steampunk challenge!
    Peace,
    KristyLee
    (PPP DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card- wonderful job on the text block! And yes, I'd say a Monty Python fan should enjoy it. Thanks for playing along with us at Poisoned Peas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Monty Python. :-D Fabulous card and an great idea. Thank you for playing along with us at Poisoned Peas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute card. I like the colors and the image is so creative. Also love the CAS style design like Plastic Card, which make the card POP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x