Monday, 17 September 2012

Festive Fun & Games























After such a good start with creating my Xmas cards, the past few weeks went wrong and I didn't get any finished (although I did start on two!).  I am determined to get back on track - and have made two today (very similar, so just entering one in the challenges).

The theme this week at Hazel's Christmas Challenge is Fun and Games (#90).  I finally used a really cute Scotty Dog stamp that came free with a magazine last year (apologies to canine experts - these should be coloured black, as they are definitely Scotties rather than Westies, but I am not able to colour in black yet!!).  This was coloured with Copics (G07, R46, E11, E31, W-1, C-1, W-5) and a Sakura Gelly-Roll pen for some shimmer.  An Artline Caligraphy Pen was used to make the stitching effect.  The backing paper is from my Xmas scrap folder, as well as the plastic snowflakes embellies.  After mounting this onto a base card, I stamped the sentiment and snowflake (both Kanban) with a black Stazon inkpad.  A quick and simple card - which is definitely my style at the moment.

I also enter this into -

Fashionista Challenge - #7, Christmas (with Blog Hop)

Creative Craft Friends - #60. New Stamps


Ali x



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely cute image - sweet card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 90 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Ali - I especially like the sentiments and snowflakes border. I have that stamp too and you did a great job with it!

    Ha, if the paper was a scrap why not also link into The Snippets Playground? There's a tree house being built now.......I despair!!

    Thanks for joining in Hazel's challenge! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, Ali. I like this image ... and the coloring!!!
    Thanks for joining us at "Creative Stempfriends"!

    Hugs Anjs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card. Love the images and border.
    Thanks for joining us at Fashionista Challenge. hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supercute card and perfect for our anything goes at christmas challenge over at Fashionista
    Good luck
    Julie x
    My blog
    Pennys Challenges DT member
    Fashionista DT member
    Forever Friends DT member
    OSAAT DT member

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x