Wednesday, 22 August 2012

WOYWW 168 & Early Morning Colouring

Happy WOYWW to everyone - especially those I do not get to visit.  My mum is staying until Friday, so not sure how much computer time I will get (up early as usual, so sneeked downstairs to my craft room for some sneeky crafting\blogging).

WOYWW or What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday is a fab idea started by Julia on her fab blog, Stamping Ground.  Click on the link to discover a whole world of crafty spaces and inspiration.

On  my workdesk this still dark Wednesday (how depressing that I have to turn the lights on when I get up now) is far too much non-crafty stuff.  Due to the agricultural show last week, dentist visit (my first operation is on 10th September), and now my mum being in residence (should I raise a flag?!), I haven't really got to sit down in my craft room.  Post has been opened and piled up, magazines briefly read, competitions entered online, free gifts stroked and now it is all a bit of a mess.

My first photo shows a card I made for my hubby's elderly uncle, who is sadly not too well.  It is difficult to make a card in that situation, and even more difficult to choose a verse/sentiment for the insert.  However, this cute teddy and subtedly cheery wording seems to be suitable.





The second photo should show a brief snapshop of one of my desks this morning, if I have managed to take a photo on my new phone and then email it to myself (it doesn't seem to connect via Bluetooth).  I am making a Xmas card using the stamps and papers that came with Quick Cards Made Easy magazine, and tried stamping with my new Staz-On Dove Grey inkpad.  This was a little too neutral, so had to add some detailing with a fineliner pen after colouring with my Copics.  Colouring at such an early hour whilst my hands are stiff and sore, and my eyes were struggling to focus, proved to be a challenge.  Later today I will probably take one look and scream - but, for now, it will do!




Apologies for the photo quality.  My new phone isn't as good in the camera dept as the old one, and the light is not great.

Ali x

21 comments:

  1. Uncle will be very please with your gorgeous card.
    Bridget #7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali - yes I have been noticing the dark mornings too - what happened to summer - just weeks of rain ! Hope you enjoy having your Mum over. Just found out they have cancelled the Stamping Show in South Wales on 1st Sept when we had a trip planned from scrapclub - so miffed about that - we don't get any decent shows or classes down our way ! Take care & enjoy your week Ali #54

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are looking OK. I had to use my iPad this week and email to myself and the resolution isn't great. Love the birthday card. Thanks for sharing your workspace. Hope you have a good week. Hazel WOYWW #8 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you find some crafty time, as well as time with your mum of course! The bear card is super! Happy WOYWW! (I've done all the 1s as I'm at 101, now on my way round the "Ali"s for fun!)
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your teddy card. Definitely an 'old uncle' card. Your photos look fine to me. Hope the dentistry goes well.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for visiting me Ali. I have just found that cute snail available as a stamp from Octopode. There are some fab stamps there - I am very tempted ;-) I am sure your card will bring a smile. Very cute grandpa bear image - he just has to be drinking hot chocolate I think. WOYWW Hugs to you from Helen 15

    ReplyDelete
  7. The birthday card is lovely and I'm sure your husband's uncle will appreciate it very much. I like the Happy Everything on the ribbon. My mobile takes dire photos - the resolution is appalling - so I never go out without my camera, just in case. Happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #105

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hit the wrong button and lost my comment!! I hate the darker mornings again too, don't want to get out of bed! Sounds like you're busy this week, hope you get to spend some time in your crafty room. Like the teddy card, hope it went down well. I'd send you some good weather if I could, we've got plenty right now!

    Hugs
    Brenda 5

    ReplyDelete
  9. You’re right Ali, it’s never easy to make cards like that but you’ve done a fab job! I’m sure the bright colours will help to cheer your uncle up.
    Your desk is looking very tidy too!

    Thanks for stopping by this week.
    Happy Crafting!
    Sue
    #56

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ali thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I am not looking forward to going to work in the dark, but already as you say it is starting. Your birthday card is just to cute. He is going to love it. #25

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done with your card AND your photos lol!

    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog - glad you enjoyed your visit and my annotated photos - they are such fun to do! I think I've started something with my clearing and re-organising because quite a lot of people seem to be doing it too.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  12. That card is perfect for your hubbies uncle. Your photo is better than half of mine and I use a camera!!
    Have a great week.
    Von #45

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely teddy card, I am sure he will be very happy to receive it.
    Happy belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #52

    ReplyDelete
  14. Think you got it right with the birthday card, it's fun! I have a Dove Grey Stazon too - love it,but it is a bit puny if you're planning to colour I agree, have gone to brown or back to black for coloured images.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Think the card is just right. Am a bit late with my visit thankyou for visiting me. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Card! Sorry to hear about your husband uncle not doing well. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayer. And your right it is a very hard thing to do when someone is ill. Enjoy your time with you mom.

    Happy WOYWW #66 AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  17. great desk and I love the card! Love the colors! Sorry I am so late getting around but it is what it is with family, crafts, etc. time can sometimes become a premium! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #68

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like some fun coloring going on! Cute birthday card too! Thanks for visiting my WOYWW post this past week!
    Sandy
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x