Friday, 10 August 2012

Green Xmas

The theme over at Hazel's Christmas Challenge this week is 'Favourite Colour', so I chose to mainly use green on my card, as I am having a bit of a 'thing' about that colour at the moment!

For a change, I attempted to do a card with a fold in it - only a simple shortfall fold-back (ooh - technical term!), but makes a change from the usual simple cards I do.

The backing papers and owl sentiment are designed by Nikky Hall for Polkadoodles - and came from Making Cards magazine, November 2011.  I used a Spellbinder die through my Cuttlebug to make the tag to mount the sentiment on, and the holly leaves were cut from green glitter card (part of a super-cheap kit from Tesco - a January bargain when they greatly reduce all the Xmas stock).  Candy was coloured with a red pen to make the holly berries, and some green gems/glitter from stash added highlights to the sentiment.

I love owls, so this card makes me smile and is sitting on my desk.

I also enter this into:
Just Keep On Creating Christmas Challenge
My Mums Craft Shop Challenge #69, Christmas in August

Ali x


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - love all the green and the fold too - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 84 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's cute. I am trying to get inspired with more Christmas cards; I'm a bit behind schedule with them this year. But it is hard when you are melting in 40º, and it's 'muggy'. The sun isn't even shining this afternoon, but it is sure hot! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the cutest Christmas card, I just love the owl, background paper and holly, so very Christmasy.

    Thanks so much for sharing your card at Christmas is just around the corner at Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Thank you for playing along at My Mum's Craft Shop this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, I love the little owl he is so cute! thanks for joining us at MMCS. Joey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x