Friday, 3 August 2012

Gingham Christmas

I haven't been in my craft room for a while (busy shopping for new kitchen applicances and watching the Olympics) and it was lovely to actually create a few cards.

My first is a Christmas card for Hazel's Christmas Challenge #83, Tie a Ribbon.  My new pad of die-cut ornaments from Craftwork Cards came in useful again.  I used a red gingham tree (with a gold Candi stuck on top for the 'star'), mounted onto a scrap of embossed mirriboard.  This was in turn mounted onto a piece of gingham paper on a red base card,  The gold ribbon came from stash and the sentiment came from my Xmas scraps folder (cut from a piece of backing paper, which was printed from a Papermania collection, I think).

I also enter this into -

Ribbon Carousel Challenge #64, Christmas in July (RCC64)

Twisted Tuesday Free For All, Anything Goes (2TC17)





4 comments:

  1. I love the gingham - very attractive card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 83 - hope to see you again soon - new challenge tomorrow morning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Twisted Tuesdays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pooh love the gingham tree... Thout at first glance it was cut out from the mirri cos you've matched the paper so well. Love it!
    Thanks for sharing at CHNC.
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the top is glowing! So cool! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Ribbon Carousel Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x