Wednesday, 4 July 2012

WOYWW 161

Firstly, if you have not experienced WOYWW (What is on your workdesk Wednesday) before, go over to Julia's Stamping Ground and you can see a long list of blogs to look at, plus the rules.  We post a picture of our workspace on a Wednesday with some details about it/our lives.

I wasn't sure that I would get on here this week, as we are off in the new caravan for the first time tomorrow morning for a 24 hour mountain biking event down in Plymouth.  Busy buying lots of stuff to ensure that our future trips are comfortable and well equipped (and coloured in red/black wherever possible, as I am more 'caravan-proud' than houseproud!!).  Today we have to get everything packed into the caravan and car (which is complicated by the car being away at the garage until later today - it needed some work on the brakes and towbar electrics, vital for any caravanning trip!).

My health hasn't been great this week - my left hip flared up this time (after a lot of trouble with my right hip back in 2010/2011) and I was forced to slow down/take more painkillers.  Everything crossed that it has settled down - but still I am aware that I can't rush around too much.  The dogs and housecat are off to the kennels/cattery this afternoon, and then I can concentrate on finishing the packing.  REALLY excited about getting away.  The caravan is super-comfortable - central heating/huge washroom/even a tv and dvd player.  We have got an awning to match it, so somewhere to put wet bike, coats, boots etc.  There is food/entertainment/shopping at the event, so we will be happy whatever the weather.

It is shocking how extreme the weather has been around the world this week.  My thoughts are with those who are suffering with floods in the UK, and hot weather/storms in the US. 

Finally, over to crafting - which I have done quite a lot of this week (see earlier blog posts for details).  I have managed to keep my craft room tidy - and only got 3 cards waiting for inserts/envelopes/cello bags.  Still haven't had time to have a first play with my PanPastels, and only used my limited edition Spring and Summer Distress Inkpads once.  Lots to look forward to when we get back next week.  Rediscovered my love for Serif CraftArtist - and got several new digikits.  There is so much to learn with that software and it will keep me quiet whilst we are in the caravan (one advantage of digital crafting).

Happy WOYWW to everyone.  I probably won't get round many workspaces today - but perhaps in the next few days I will have the chance if we have reasonable internet on the campfield.

Ali x


The top of my chest of drawers (which holds paper/card, base cards/envelopes, decoupage etc).  Photo of my pony, cross stitched cottage that I stitched for my nan, Cuttlebug, box of tapes ......

14 comments:

  1. Hi there. Nice to pop in and see your creative world this week. I won't stay long; don't want to give you my cold! Hope you have a good creative week though.
    Neil # 33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I do hope the weather is good for your trip. Two of my sons are running the campsite shops at one of the music festivals, so they are hoping for dry weather too. You have been so busy this week; you deserve a good break. Like you, I haven't really given the new pan pastels a good work out yet, and I am hoping the spring and summer distress inks arrive today! I have serif craft artist but haven't got into it much yet. I am learning to do similar things in Adobe photoshop and I get the two confused. Too much info for my poor old brain! I'm off to my usual sewing group this morning, but I'll try to post my desk later today.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you have not been great hope you feel brighter soon! Trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pony!! Looks like an Exmoor? I love horses, can you tell?? Lol!

    Your new caravan sounds amazing - give us a wave as you drive down the M5!! Have an awesome week with your friends...
    Hugs, LLJ #60 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the hip. Enjoy the caravan trip. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Thanks for sharing your workspace with us. Hope you have a good week. Hazel WOYWW #20 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are about to have a lot of fun. Hope the weather is good to you. I would love to see that colour co ordinated caravan! WOYWW Hugs Helen 64

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ali - I used to just love caravanning, esp. with all mod cons which means you really get to play house :) I hope you have a locker or couple of drawers earmarked for your crafting goodies?

    Hope the hip behaves, a gruelling pain, been there and got the replacement :( BUT, it was the best thing ever as it did give me my life back.

    Happy WOYWW, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that you've been under the weather and hope your holiday perks you up! Have lots of fun!
    Victoria #94

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. My joints are creaking and movement can take a bit of time after sitting in the car for long periods. Thank you for the awesome comments on my trip this summer. We have been forced to stop and stay and now we have come up with a few other places we would like to visit. Looks like after the car gets fixed we are off to Yellowstone, The Grand Tetons, and the Grand Canyon! YAY! Hope you have a great time in that awesome sounding caravan (I wish I had one so I could have just set up and been at home instead of in a hotel!) Vickie #36

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ali, we used to caravan and loved it, we had all the mod cons too, but now that we are old and arthritic - got a dodgy right hip too - so we've given it up ...sigh! I wish you luck with the putting up the awning ... it's considered sport for old-timers to watch newbies struggles :)) Hope you have a good connection so you can do some digital crafting while you are away. Happy WOYWW, Elizabeth x #85

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope you have a lovely holiday and are feeling better soon
    TFS Happy WOYWW xx Charlie.xx #72

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope all goes well with your hip! I have problems myself from time to time. Ugh. Enjoy your trip! Thanks for visiting my WOYWW blog post this week!
    ~Sandy
    sandy’s crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a wonderful holiday! Sounds like your caravan is simliar colours to ours!
    My post for WOYWW 161 is some pictures of the RV on the lot up at the lake. We don't drive ours...it lives permanently on the lot (within an RV resort). I have a red tablecloth on the patio set under the gazebo...boy did I have to search for red. Hubby was so pleased that it matched.

    Our boat is red and black and white too and now he has bought a new white Ram truckd to tow it. LOL

    Have fun!
    Brave you to drive yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about the hip. Hope the event in Plymouth goes well and that the weather improves. Thanks for a peep at your workspace. Hope you have a good week - Hazel, WOYWW #124 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x