Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Rainy Day

We are having a rubbish summer so far in Wales.  Causing a lot of problems on the farm - they are behind with silage making (need another 500 bales at least) and the hay field should have been cut  weeks ago.  However, there is a period of better weather forecast (from Friday onwards) and hubby hopes to cut the hay on Thursday afternoon, so my ponies will have their feed for the coming year (and extra left over to sell) without having to pay the high price of buying it in from our local feed merchant.  My health always improves in the sunshine, so I really hope that the weather forecast is correct.

I printed off this digi stamp a few weeks ago and coloured it in, and started to plan a card for it last week.  It is such a sweet design - and very relevant to our recent weather.  Go to www.scrapbookingmad.com for this image and a lot more.

I used the sketch from Sketch n Stash #92 to finish the card.

























The base card is a slightly gold shimmer card that came with a magazine free kit.  The green gingham paper and the Core-dinations card used to make the lace border (with a Spellbinder die through my Cuttlebug) are from my scrap drawer.  The lovely shaped background under the image was printed from the My Craft Studio Quintessential Country Garden CD-Rom, and the image was edged with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink, and coloured with Copics.  The flower was made up from die-cut flowers in a brilliant pad from Craftwork (loads of lovely colours and designs).  The sentiment was printed on my Brother Labelling machine.

Ali x

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card...

    Thanks for joining us at sketch n stash & good luck :o)
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card thanks for joining us at SNS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute image I like it too..and lovely color combo on your card...beautifully done...good luck with the challenge.

    I am also joining the Sketch and Stash challenge my card is number 65 would you mind to see it on my blog? I would be so glad if you leave me some love too :) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x