Thursday, 26 July 2012

Pink Xmas

For Hazel's Xmas Challenge this week - #82, the theme is Monochromatic.  I may well make another card, using black and white this time, but for now the pad of diecut ornaments from Craftwork Cards was asking to be used, so it only seemed fair to make a pink card.

After layering up some of the diecut snowflakes, I added a pink pearl gem and some tiny diamond gems from stash.  The base card was run through my Cuttlebug (which is also pink!) with some Xmas embossing designs.  I then used one of the Summer Limited Edition Distress Inkpads (which proves they are vital all year round), Picked Raspberry, to colour up this card.  I also used this to stamp the Joy sentiment (IndigoBlu 'Here Comes Santa' set) and a Copic pen for the faux stitching.  All mounted up on the base card - and there you go - a really simple and quick card.

I also enter this into -

Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge - Use your Non-Traditional Colours



5 comments:

  1. That's very pretty. I like it a lot more than I would a black and white one! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - I love all the pink - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 82 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty in pink indeed! My daughter would love to receive pink Christmas cards!
    Thanks for sharing at CHNC 82 and look forward to seeing you again soon.
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the twinkle - pink is a non-traditional color. You aThank you for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges this week. re right on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the layout of your card and how you have used the embossing. A lovely bright Christmas card. Thanks for joining our non-traditional challenge this week at Holly Jolly. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x