Friday, 27 July 2012

A is for ..... Angel

I am going for the clever combining of challenges this early morning!  The theme this week over at CD Sunday is A is for ....., and I wanted to make another Xmas card - so A is for Angel.

The Polkadoodle CD-Rom, Sundae of Seasons, provided the sweet angel image - which I coloured with Copic pens in the fab monochromatic way.  My first time, so don't look too closely!  Colours used are - W5, W7, W3, W1, C1, B60, BV31, BV23, R46.  The backing paper is from the Papermania DVD-Roms, Christmas Past, which I have installed on my computer and can use their Digital Designer software (which is very easy to use) to either simply print off papers etc, or actually design a card.  I made the sentiment topper myself.  A scrap of slightly sparkly card and a fine ink pen.  All mounted onto a red base card.

I also enter this into -

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge #82, Monochromatic

Pixie Dust Studio Challenge - Christmas

Southern Girls Challenge - #49, Angels or Fantasy



13 comments:

  1. Well done you! I haven't tried colouring in monochrome, but I suppose with all the lovely families of colours in my copics, I should give it a go.She is cute little angel. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting started on your Christmas cards nice and early. Great take on the theme and a super card.
    Thank you for joining us at The CD Sunday Challenge.
    Beryl xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 82 - hope to see you again soon - new challenge tomorrow morning. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Pixie Dust Studio....Fabi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super Christmas card, beautifully coloured image and I like your background papers. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Christine x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see some Christmas cards at this time of year. I really must make a few more myself! Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Ali, i love what you have done with this and your colouring is really good, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    sue-b x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fab. Thanks for joining CHNC 82 and hope to see you again for the tie a ribbon challenge this week.
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Ali. Your Angel is sweet but I esp like the backing paper.
    Thank you for joining in with us.
    Carol
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, really love it! Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
    Claire xx (GDT CD Sunday)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello!

    This is a lovely card! I am so gearing up to start my holiday cards! Last year it was too much at once! Wishing you a happy day today!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely christmas card!
    Thanks for joining us at SGC
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x