Wednesday, 20 June 2012

WOYWW 159


Now I could waffle on for hours about how wonderful Julia's Stamping Ground is and how it has transformed my mid-week from the day that our local paper is in the shops, or the day before I have to put out the rubbish, to a day where I get to be nosey and look around lots of other workspaces - but (and this is the longest sentence ever!) you can click on the link above to see for yourself.

Back to my workspace this week. It is wonderful having the extra 6' of table and even hubby came in my craft room yesterday and asked where I had put everything! Mainly, he noticed the lack of horrible old bookshelves in the corner, which used to have my collection of cookery books/magazines, maps, postcards and assorted 'stuff' gathering dust. These are now in storage boxes awaiting a new set of shelves (when they will be sorted into different magazine boxes and my books can finally be displayed again) - probably when we move over into the farmhouse next year. I have also had a good clear out and thrown out/donated to charity/sold on Ebay a lot of stash. More money for the Xmas stash I am ordering from Create & Craft today!!




If I could afford the extra proper craft storage I want (the lovely storage units with 'Really Useful' boxes slotted in - I could spend hours filling them), then the room would be truly finished in my eyes - but at least it is tidier and I have a proper sewing corner (my first small folding table, with sewing machine and fabric etc). The things that need mending are just sitting there looking at me - paper crafting is far more attractive at the moment, but I will get round to them eventually.






















I subscribed to 'Craft Stamper' magazine this week (starting with September's issue), so I can get the free gift of the Michael Powell stamps - love them, so very excited when I saw they were offered. Also got some back issues - didn't have all the ones I wanted in stock, so looking on Ebay. If anyone has September 2009, March 2010 or April 2010 going spare (with the stamps), then get in touch.

Crafting-wise, I have been trying to complete one project per day - either a set of ATCs etc or a card. Doing well so far, and just about to start on a postcard for the UK Stamper swap, with a theme of 'In the Sky'. I have been doing one Xmas card per week, but going to try and do more from now on, as becoming aware of how little time we have before December.

Caravan-shopping - WE BOUGHT ONE. A fantastic new 2 berth in top spec, so even has central heating! More money than we originally planned to spend, but we had a good discount and it is a treat to ourselves after yet another stressful year. Hope to pick it up this weekend.

Happy WOYWW to everyone that I don't manage to visit.

Ali x

32 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been very busy and plans to stay that way. Congrats on the new caravan and hope you get to get out and use it often. Have a great week and thanks for stopping by my blog! Vickie #23

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've got a lovely crafting space!
    i don't know michael powell stamps - i'll have to look out for them...
    happy WOYWW, and enjoy your caravan - even i'd caravan if it's cenrally heated!!
    no. 64

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! nice and tidy! I bet you gonna make something really nice! Well done on subscription, now you will have something new to play with. Happy WOYWW! kissinia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a space, looks fab. I'd love to have all the proper storage but can't afford it so have to put up with my mish mosh of organisation! Take care & enjoy snooping. Zo xx 74

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have a sub to CS but stopped it and buy monthly now, but that sub sounds good - might go for it. Thanks for the opportunity of having a peep at your workspace - trying to make a few visits early this week! Hazel, WOYWW #87 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your craft space looks fabulous. I'll check my stash of craft stamper magazines, I may well have the ones you'd like.

    Happy WOYWW

    Zoe #57

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab. I so need more space. I always try to sub to CS at the Newbury stamp show - they always seem to have a few choices for your sub gift and you get to carry it away with you so it's all good!

    Happy WOYWW

    MA (4)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blimey you have busy!!! Have a great week.
    #101

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the look of your craft area.

    Happy camping!

    Happy WOYWW.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx #80

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do just love your owls, makes me smile every week when I visit
    Sophie no.93

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your craft area looks so much better than the other week, it's come on a long way already. I'd love more storage in my little room but I don't think it's going to happen as the room has to stay multipurpose unfortunately. I wish I could send you some heat I've seen on the news how bad the UK is again, terrible weather, but at least the water situation has eased, and as farmers I'm sure you'd appreciate that! I love camping and looking at caravans etc, so post up a pic when you get it!

    Hugs
    Brenda 2

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, have fun with your new camper, where are you going to go? Thanks for the tips on challenge organization, I will check out that website. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your room is coming right along, Ali, and it must feel good to have had that sort-out! Congrats on getting the new caravan and treating yourselves to a beauty! May you have a gazillion hours of fun in it!! All the best, Darnell #45

    ReplyDelete
  14. first time I've visited your blog popped over from WOWWW which as yet I have posted onto.. I always miss it or get in from work to late like tonight !!! im loving your blog look forward to next weeks entry
    thanks for sharing a little of your world and I am jealous of your crafting haul....I've a lot of collecting to do to catch up to do but will have fun in the process until next week have a lovely week
    I am now a follower

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohooo so tidy!! have to give you the gold star for tidiness!! I love those really Useful boxes too, but only buy them when they are on offer...or once I think there was a mistake in the price! You never have enough! Happy WOYWW
    ((Lyn)) #20

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you have lots of good things to keep you busy around your place. I hope you're enjoying summer in your beautiful country and have a great WOYWW! Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Lisa
    #41

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting me. Hop into working with pencils, they are buried treasure.
    Your organising looks to be very promising. And how exciting to have bought caravan. Enjoy it!
    Ros, #51

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ali, your craft space looks like mine...every nook & cranny full of possibilities! Thank you for your nice comment on my kitty album. Charlotte #40.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have quite a few of those MP stamps - great aren't they?
    Love the new look to your room - it is so peaceful looking and so very well organised. I guess as what we get in the way of a room it will never be enough as our stash keeps growing.
    Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet #21 xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh a new camper! Have fun with that, great space too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello!

    Congratulations on the new caravan - I hope that you have some fun trips planned this summer! It was fun to see your work area! Wishing you a happy day!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. happy late woyww, thats a great crafting space, I love that your making cards for the hospice as well. happy crafting, mark

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for visiting my desk, Sorry i'm a bit late.
    Your desk look great, wish i could find and extra 6" spare on mine, i always end up with a full floor coz i run out of room lol
    Hugz Minxy #11

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congraters on the new RV...You will have lots of fun in that...I even manage to make cards in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi ali, no theme on the postcard - just something fun to swap :)
    i can't find your email on your profile to send my address... my email's on my profile :)
    or if you have a fb page we could message there... my full name's claire sauer :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. It always feels great to get your space in order. Bravo!!! Soon I won't even HAVE a space....until we find a new house and hopefully an even better one! Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Interesting and diverse reading. It great to have the craft room finished so you can craft to your hearts content. oohooo caravan, what exciting countries will you drive to lol. That is on my wish list
    Bridget #13

    ReplyDelete
  28. Know what you man about lusting after those really useful storage units - would lurrve one! I am impressed that you're doing a project a day, I;m struggling with one a week right now :-)

    Haooy woyww

    debs #144

    ReplyDelete
  29. happy WOYWW! oh how wonderful to have all that space! your desk looks so inviting! and how exciting to buy a caravan! where are you planning to go?
    hugs, #15 peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  30. Terrific clean up job and the crafting future sounds exciting. A project a day sounds a system to implement.
    travels in a caravan is fun. we call them RV's and we plan to leave for Colorado in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  31. great space but how do you keep it soooo tidy making a project a day
    finally back from pisa
    janet #60

    ReplyDelete
  32. Late popping in! But enjoyed seeing your space. Off to check out this week's WOYWW. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x