Saturday, 23 June 2012

Rooster

I WON A GOLD MEDAL WITH THIS CARD @ SHELLY'S IMAGES.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is amazing what I can create early on a Saturday morning!  This is also an entry to several challenges, so had to use my brain a lot to sort all that out.

Firstly, the main image of the rooster is from Shelly's Images and is for the 'Terrifically Thrilling Thursday Challenge - Anything Goes'.  I love the images available in the shop, and bought a gorgeous Xmas one as well (which will feature on cards very soon).

Secondly, I used the sketch from the Critter Challenge Blog.

Thirdly, I also enter this into - Wags n Whiskers challenge - Use Kraft.

Fourthly, I also enter this into - Hotshot Craft - #4, Distress Ink.

Fifthly, I also enter this into - Digidoodles - #113, Farmyard or Zoo.

That is definitely enough for one card!!

Ali x

The base card is Kraft.  I then ran a piece of Core'dinations card through my Cuttlebug and sanded it.  The main image is stamped onto a piece of cream Kanban card, coloured with Copics and then inked with Distress Inks.  My masterpiece is the 'Washi Tape'.  Saw an article on using Microporous tape (available from any pharmacy) and decorating it yourself.  A roll 5m long only cost £1.99.  I coloured a strip with a Copic pen and then stamped (3 Birds stamps) with Distress Inks.  I imagine you could do this with all sorts of inks/pens/glitter etc - and will be playing around in the future. 




















8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, love this image, love your LO and papers, fabulous, thanks for joining our challenge at Digi Doodles Shop, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, love the embossed background and the rooster image! Thanks for playing with our sketch at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a great job you've done with Shelly's 'Rooster'! The tearing is a perfect idea and your coloring is awesome! Thanks so much for joining our "SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post. nice post I like your site very well and continue to do so. I have bookmarked your site.
    Three Lakes Air Conditioning

    ReplyDelete
  5. owww this is so pretty, love your rooster. Hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome rooster card there Ali thanks for sharing Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool card! I love that sanded embossed paper. =D Thanks for playing along with us at Digi Doodle Shop!

    xx Star (DDS DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Distress Inks challenge

    Sarah x

    Check Hot Shot Craft shop for new items
    http://www.hotshotcraft.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x