Thursday, 17 May 2012

Xmas Card No.1

I was going to wait until June to start on the cards for the season beginning with 'C' - but gave in after seeing Hazel's Christmas Challenge Blog every week and wanting to join in.  I dragged out my Xmas crafting box from under our bed, staggered downstairs with it and it is now back on my craft room floor, tripping over it regularly!

I had a good search through it - again, amazed at the lovely stash, a lot of which I have never actually used - and a pile of magazines to read through again.  Every year I say I will not buy any more Xmas-related stash, but every year I always buy more.  A new craft shop has opened in our local town and they had boxes of scraps for 10p each.  Some cute Xmas designs, which I can get 3 or 4 cards from, so I bought three.  In fact I left with a bag of bits (including ribbons) for just over £3.  I love that sort of shopping.  He had some fab stamps - but just ordered a large set of Copics from Create & Craft, so definitely no usage of my credit card for a while.

My first Xmas card for Hazel's challenge this weeks (theme = Red & Green) started with a lovely red & green stripy design card (should have entered last week!), and I worked from there.  Everything is scraps, apart from the base card (I bought a set of red and green cards last year) and the stickers came with a magazine.




















2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card - I'm so pleased that you have started your Christmas cards and have entered my CHNC challenge 72 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun christmas card, I love the snowman image and the cheerful paper.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge up asap :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x