Tuesday, 29 May 2012

WOYWW 156 - HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY!!

UPDATE POST ABOVE THIS ONE - CLICK ON NEWER POST - we finally have faster internet!!!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am only a very recent member of the WOYWW community, but this Wednesday sees the third anniversary of Julia starting her weekly tour around the workdesks of the world.  Her blog, Stamping Ground, is the place to go to link into this.

As part of the birthday celebration, many of us are making ATCs to send to one or more of the other crafters on the list.  I will be sending to the person above and below me, Julia (when you have time to send your address to me) and I have also arranged to swap with another lady.  Haven't actually made these ATCs yet, but I will get them done in the next few days.

I couldn't show my workdesk this week, as my craft room is in a terrible mess as I gradually sort out my stash and move everything around to make room for my new 6' table.  I have started selling excess stash on Ebay and there will be lots more in the coming weeks.

My set of Copic pens arrived yesterday and I took a photo of them.  Lots to learn to make best use of them, and already planning the next colours I NEED !!!



















I haven't done a huge amount of crafting, as the fantastic weather has kept me outside a lot - plus we went away for the weekend in our caravan (a mountain biking event - my amazing hubby managed to finish the long route - 72km over the mountains).  I made my 2nd Xmas card, but missed the deadline for entering Hazel's challenge.  Oh well, I will wait until I see another challenge that it can match up to.

Apologies again to the many who commented on my blog post last week, but did not receive a comment from me.  Still battling with very slow internet.  It literally can take hours to do a few simple tasks.  I had fast internet when we were away - and I was stunned at how much more I could with my day if we had that speed all the time.  Most people take their fast broadband for granted.  We are hoping to trial a new device soon that may give us faster speeds.

Happy WOYWW everyone and I look forward to sending out my ATCs.

Ali x

13 comments:

  1. Oooh pen envy! I'm hoping to get my very own set too very soon. Enjoy colouring. Take care & enjoy this special WOYWW. Zo xx 43

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and it was nice that you took the time to join in. I havent made my cards yet but if you want to swap I will make sure get one.
    Have a lovely day in Pembrokeshire.
    Lynn in Lancashire
    One I Made Earlier Today

    Email me your address through my shop at
    www.doodlybird.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fun with those new Copics.
    Happy WOYWW
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. My email is craftyccc@gmail.com
    Please email me so I can give you my address for the ATC.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy day !! That is a whole pile of Copic goodness. We use to have the snail interuptus net too. I feel for you my friend.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, Ali, Copics! I'm so jealous; I have not yet succumbed to the siren call of the copics markers. I don't know how you're going to keep your hands off them while continuing your sort-out! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 3rd WOYWW Birthday. A great way to bring crafty friends together in fun and friendship.
    We like mess and it is to be shared so don't hide it next time... we need to spy on the transformation. Looking forward to the "after" pics now!
    Love JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no way I could to a bike hike like that without having a car drive me the whole distance and I was glad to hear you didn't do it either, making cards is a much better way to spend time in the counrty.

    Eliza #140
    http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy woyww, the colour choice in the pens looks really good. I cant help walking out with a new pen every time i walk into the craft shop near me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, lucky you lots of copics I had a little try of these and there great but a little to expensive for me. Slow internet what a nightmare, I hope your new thingy ma jiggy speeds it up. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 3rd WOYWW! I have some Copics but have never learned to use them appropriately! My desk and craft room are an absolute mess but I enjoy it anyway! Sorry I am late getting around but figure it is better late then never. Have a great week. Vickie #178

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 3rd WOYWW anniversary, Got here eventually! Helen, 8

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you like to color you will love the copics! Enjoy! Valerie #174

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x