Tuesday, 22 May 2012

WOYWW 155

I am up late on Tuesday night, so may even publish this just after midnight! (In fact it was just in Tuesday when I published - couldn't stay up any longer.)  This is the weekly chance to share our crafting workspaces and lives through Julia's Stamping Ground.  Join in - it is highly addictive and really friendly.

I have spent a lot of time in my craft room in the past week, but my slow internet stops me from entering as many challenges as I would like to.  Thank you for all the lovely comments last week.  My health has improved - some new tablets seem to be having a positive effect.  Lets hope this good phase continues for a while.

I finally got round to ordering my extra table - and it arrived yesterday.  It is 6' long, so even longer than my current main table.  I am itching to start sorting out my craft room and get the layout improved, but I have other stuff going on that annoyingly takes priority.  We have the long-awaited sunshine and warm temperatures here in the UK, so feeling that I should be outside most of the day.  I love this weather, but it does mean that any time in my craft room is restricted to early mornings.  My hubby is taking part in a mountain biking event this weekend, and we have decided to take our caravan.  This hasn't been used for over a year and was sitting looking very green and unloved.  It took 3 hours of scrubbing to get it white again!  Thankfully, it did tow ok and now I just need to get the inside sorted (it was left clean, but lots of cobwebs etc now) and polish up the outside.  I have very limited energy each day anyway, so I will start tomorrow with what I can manage.  That is one of the problems with Fibromyalgia - we have to accept that we can't do everything.  Really looking forward to getting away with our friends - we used to go to lots of events, but haven't for a few years because of the work involved in expanding our farm business.  I DO NOT CYCLE - but enjoy the scenery, shopping, food and crowds of men in tight shorts (there are lots of very fit women too).  Our dogs are coming too, so they will keep me company whilst Rich exhausts himself in the mountains.

My photo this week shows the view towards the window.  My computer and printer take up a lot of that view, but they are definitely a major tool in my crafting.  You can see why I bought another table!  I plan to keep that table clear for crafting projects - so the other one can purely be for paperwork/computer etc.  I have already started to sort out stash to sell on Ebay - and sold a punch that I never used.  My other big news is that I treated myself to a big set of Copic pens from Create & Craft last week.  They haven't arrived yet, but they cost a lot so I definitely need to sell off what I will never use.  Looking forward to improving my colouring skills.  Other new stash includes 2 DI pads, Debbi Moore magazine (with stamps), Stazon stamp cleaner, makeup sponges and another magazine.

I will try to visit as many workspaces as possible - it is interesting to travel around the world and see what other crafters are upto.
















Ali x

16 comments:

  1. can see why you need a new desk,have fun reorganising and enjoy the good weather
    have a fab woyww
    kay #33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your Copics and have a great time away, I've started to follow you as i'm interested about the Fibro... i'm waiting for a diagnosis atm... anyway have fun away with OH and dogs:D
    Happy WOYWW day
    Lisa #16
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. bright light at your desk! I wish I had more natural light on mine. Hope you have a great week. Vickie #28

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much light, sounds like you'll have a lovely weekend, sometimes you just got to go and enjoy even if afterwards you're really bad. I find that, otherwise you end up fearing doing anything! Hope the crafty sort goes well. I reckon mine will need doing soon! Take care on this wonderful sunny WOYWW day. Zo xx 78

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you a new 6ft Table sounds good to me. Your desk looks lovely and bright Ali. TFS. Hugs from Sunny Scotland. Rita 67 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow a light an airy space, have a fun week hugs trace x 35

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anew 6 ft. table - Wow, who is a very lucky crafter then! Hope the weekend stays fine for your trip in the caravan. Serious envy going on here about your copic purchase and good on you for selling some stash, wish I had the willpower to do that! Happy WOYWW, Anne #18

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so nice having light in your room to play with and having 2 desks is the best. I am lucky and have that set up, it makes a world of difference. Happy crafting and thanks for sharing.

    Eliza #49
    http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your new pens and your new table, things usually come in three's!
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your brightness...have fun with the copics and the new table. It is an inside day here...the WIND is at it's best. Wow Wildly Creating a mess of tiny branches..Have a wonderful week and Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely light desk... and a 6ft table... enjoy!! HUGS May x x#30

    ReplyDelete
  12. A 6foot long table .... sound fab, bet you fill it up really quickly
    janet #47

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your space!!!! and I agree it is highly addictive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fit blokes in tight cycling shorts - please can I come too..I can sleep under the stars :)
    Your new table sounds the bees knees, hope you can get all your stuff on there ok!!
    Hugs, LLJ #57 xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a nice & neat work area!! You are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new Copics!!! I finally have them all but it took a while to get there, lol! I suggest you have a look around YouTube for some great tutorials on blending and using them. I've learned so much there!!

    Glad you hear you are feeling better!

    Jeannie #75

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would agree that a computer and printer are a MUST in the craft room! You're going to LOVE the Copic Markers! I think you'll find it hard to sell any of them. You will want them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x