Wednesday, 16 May 2012

WOYWW 154

Being prepared and typing this up on Tuesday evening!  I so often seem to forget the actual day, and have to go into town in the afternoon (hairdressers etc), so don't want to be way down on Julia's list again.

Go to Julia's Stamping Ground where the full meaning of why so many of us are addicted to Wednesday is explained.

I have had health issues this week, so haven't done as much crafting as I wanted to - but have got my monthly stuff done (ATCs, Twinchies and a postcard).

When I recovered enough to get out shopping I treated myself to 2 craft magazines.  My photo shows them, along with the fab book of papers that came with one of them.  The other one had a parchment kit, so I am really spoilt.  Also spent some more pennies in the craft shop - a 'Sticky Pick Up Tool' (which I have seen on C&C many times), some distress embossing powder, a cute stamp from the bargain bin, a piece of gorgeous sparkly vellum and a pen.

SHOCK HORROR!!!!  My Christmas Crafty Box is now downstairs and yet again taking up far too much space in my craft room.  I did promise myself that I wouldn't start on Xmas cards until June to give me a clear 6 months to get them done, but a certain person beginning with H kept telling us about her Xmas Challenge blog and I caved in this week.  Having a lovely time going through it - oohing and aahing over stash I forgot I had, and the first card is being planned as I type.  Sorry!!

I wouldn't like to advertise anything on here, but I did find an online store for vitamins/supplements etc that raises money for UK Kids with Cancer.  Lots of great products and excellent service (I received my order the next day).  www.bobbys-healthy-shop.co.uk


















If you can spare the time to take part in a charity card challenge, more details are in my post today St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge.

Thanks to everyone who visits my workspace this week - and I will try to get round as many possible to leave comments, but still on slow internet so not always possible.

Ali x














27 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links, will certainly look them up. Thanks also for the glimpse of your desk with all those lovely mags and things.
    Hugs, Neet #11 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad when I hear someone uses their cards for a charity. I do Cricut card Fairies, and I love sending my cards off to someone who might really enjoy a nice hand made card being sent to them to cheer them up. Hope you get a chance to curl up on the couch and enjoy your magazines! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you are feeling better today and making the christmas cards now on means no rushing in december
    Hope you have a fab
    woyww week
    kay #22

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your new magazines!!! Hope you feel better! Have great week hugs trace x 20

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you feel better soon.. great idea to make the christmas cards now, as last year I was pulling my hair out so I will begin doing mine soon, Hugs May x x x#26

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun reading :))
    Happy woywwing
    Jennie #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ali,
    You won me over when I saw the Bobby in your link, it was a little reminder of the Papillon we had with the same name and yes I will sort some cards for St. Likes for you.
    The new tool sounds intriguing.
    Best wishes
    Lynn. 32
    One I Made Earlier Today

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're better now, have a good week with your magazines. helen 4

    ReplyDelete
  9. GreaT LOOKING MAGS, HAVE FUN READING THEM AND ALL THE BEST WITH YOUR HEALTH ISSUES!

    Happy hopping and enjoy this week's WOYWW
    #25

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your feelng much better now & hope you get lots of crafting ideas from your new mags, happy crafting jill #62

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to come and have a read of those, or perhaps I should just go and buy my own! Hope you're feeling better than you were, and thanks again for my lovely card. Take care & enjoy WOYWW. Zo xx 66

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't realise you were in Pembrokeshire..one of the best places in the world. I'm originally from Carmarthenshire, so a next door neighbour almost :)
    Hope you're feeling better now - enjoy your week. Let's hope the weather gets a bit warmer!
    Hugs, LLJ #48 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! You mentioned the " C " word!! I have barely got over last Christmas!! Sadly I'm one of those who leaves everything to the last minute!

    Might change that if I have time this year....famous last words!! lol

    Thanks for sharing, happy WOYWW and hope you'll be feeling better soon.

    Jackie #84

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't get enough of magazines! If I don't come home from a shopping trip with one I feel cheated. Hope you're feeling better #97

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those sticky pick-up tools, they are amazing. I think you are sensible starting your Christmas cards, when we are all rushing around at the last minute, you can have the last laugh - lol. Hope you feel better soon. Anne x #9

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for posting the craft magazines can now send hubby to the shop to get them. Off to check out the links too. Hugs, Amanda #76

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't thought of Christmas cards yet! Got those mags...well, two of them! Thanks for my snoop! Happy Crafting HappY WoYww!
    ((Lyn)) #47

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you will have fun reading.
    #101

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you feel better! Looks like you've got some fun reading to do. :) Happy WOYWW! Warmly, Tracy #88

    ReplyDelete
  20. Christmas planning is not on my desk yet, please let me get some sunshine and warm weather first. To day it is Norways National day with a lot of parades. Raining cats and dogs and just 8 degrees.
    #158 Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, hope you're feeling more like 'doing' this week, I hate being ill, such a waste of time! Magazines are good antidote, and the pack of papers is a really generous give away, crikey.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Christmas dilemma is exactly why I've been staying away from those Christmas card challenges. Sure it would be good to get them wrapped up early, but I just don't want to drag out all the stuff just yet. It sounds like you've picked up some great new toys too. I just love the magazines with the freebies. It gives me a chance to try out things I wouldn't have otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good for you being so ahead of the game with Christmas cards. I often find it hard to be in the right mood for something when it's not close to the holiday. Hope you enjoy all your new goodies and feel better the rest of the week. ~ Laura #117

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have fun with your Christmas cards! Maybe one of these years I'll do the same (work on them early). Enjoy your goodies and I hope you feel better the rest of the week. ~ Laura #117

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great looking desk. I am a magazine junkie.
    Happy very belated WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  26. Glad to hear you are feeling better nothing like a bit of retail therapy to help soothe the body. Got yourself some good mags I see and what is a sticky pick up tool. I don't think I have heard of it before...

    Eliza #19
    http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I sub to one of those magazines, will expect mine through the door any day now! Have a good read :D
    Helen S #75

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x