Tuesday, 1 May 2012

A Secret Garden in my mind

This tag is a very good representation (a long word for any time of the day, let alone 5.44 am when I am up early and already on medication!) of what is in my mind - a jumble of assorted things, with the occasional bright spark.

I created it for the Tag It On Challenge # 114 - The Secret Garden over at DragonsDream.  I have only just discovered this blog, and this was the last in a series of book title challenges.  Take a look if you are interested to see what is coming next time.  I love making tags, so think I will be a regular visitor from now on.














I got my trusty 3Birds stamp set out (one of those purchases which I use almost daily), and used Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Walnut Stain and Old Paper) - both on the stamps and then with a brush to colour the leaves/tree.  Watercolour pencils were used dry to add a bit of colour and for the wording.  Two coats of spray varnish completed the tag.  A simple creation.

Ali x




4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Ali, I love watercolour pencils too. Thank you for joining us at TIO, and don't forget to come back tomorrow to check out the new challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty tag, Thanks for sharing at TIO, Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag Ali, very fresh. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream Tio and I hope you join in with our new challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty tag, love the colours, thanks for sharing at TIO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x