Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Easy Elegance - CD Sunday

THIS MADE TOP 3 !!!!!

I always try to enter the weekly challenge at CD Sunday, as I have an ever-growing collection of CD and DVD-Roms, and love the chance to play with them.

The theme this week is 'Easy Elegance', which isn't my usual sort of style, but I really enjoyed making my card.  My new Iris Folding CD-Rom by AnnaMarie Designs provided the main dress design, which I made up with glitter and pearlescent paper strips.  The bodice, backing papers and card for the flowers/leaves came from the Papermania DVD-Roms (using Digital Designer software).  The pearls and gems are from stash.  The sentiment is a Kanban stamp - blue Le Plume pen used to colour it.  I made a base card from an A3 sheet, as this is quite a large design - and the Digital Designer software was used again to make a matching insert.

Ali x




8 comments:

  1. I do like this Ali, i have never done iris folding but this is lovely as are the leaves and flower. thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
    sue-b Guest designer CD Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and a clever way for us to get back into Iris Folding, by Anna Marie.A beautiful flower too. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the iris folding on the dress - very effective. I've not seen this CD yet but it looks interesting. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali. Great to see some Iris Folding. I love doing it myself but haven't done some for a little while.
    Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very different and not from a cd I am aware of. I do like the look of it and your folding on the dress is perfect.
    Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ali, this is beautiful, I haven't done Iris Folding for a long time. The dress is stunning.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Hugs
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Ali, love the Iris folding, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday, Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun design.. Thanks so much for entering the DYSU DT Call.. it is going to be hard to narrow it down.. not an easy task.. Good Luck!
    HUGS
    Ali
    -owner of
    The Alley Way Stamps
    DYSU CHallenge blog
    Free digital stamps

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x