Thursday, 26 April 2012

You're so sweet!

This week's theme over at the CD Sunday Challenge is Sweets for my Sweet, and yet again I had a magazine with the perfect papers/toppers.  (Just had a sort out of all my magazines - from 2003 onwards!  It was really interesting and pulled several out because they had a particular template I wanted to use, or a cover stamp that hadn't seen ink.  Got lots with free papers/stamps/CDs.)

As I obviously had to use a CD somewhere in my crafting, and I had the 2 latest Shabby Chic CD-Roms from Debbi Moore delivered yesterday (bought them in the birthday celebration deals over at Create & Craft), I was really happy when I found the perfect backing paper.  This is the diamond check design with the faux stitching.  The Happy Birthday sentiment was created using Digital Designer software and designs, and everything else from the latest addition of Making Cards magazine.  The base card is created from a sheet of glossy green card - from a selection pack that I 'found' in my chest of drawers yesterday (isn't it wonderful when you find things you had forgotten you had!).  I also got out a glitter marker pen (silver) and highlighted a few areas.














As the colours are so unisex, this would be ideal for a male birthday (as long as you are not giving this to a colleague/boss !!).

Love it!!

Ali x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ali. A fab card and thank you for joining in with us. I found your posting via your comment signature as your link doesn't appear.
    Carol
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Ali and just my kind of sweets! Your link as Carol says isn't showing so I have added it for you.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those sweet sweetie jars. A great card.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely selection of sweets on a great card.

    Colleen
    GD CD Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm sweetie jars, lovely card! Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All behind with my commenting again this week !, this is so scrumptious and all calorie free, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday, Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x