Wednesday, 25 April 2012

WOYWW 151

Another Wednesday (there seems to be one every week!) and time to show off our workspaces over at Julia's Stamping Ground (home of so many).  For those who are not aware of WOYWW (What is On Your Workspace Wednesday), it is simply a place to blog about our desk/floor/shelves/whatever and link to others all over the world.

This week I have been very crafty - entered a few challenges, created for swaps and even got a new love of my life.  This week it is Iris Folding.  I used to think that technique was very old-fashioned and not for me, but then I bought a pattern to make a Valentines Day card for my hubby and, thus, also purchased a good selection of paper strips/other patterns/card kits (well, it had to be done!).  I combined this with my other new love, green, and made a lovely owl card yesterday.  Will post more details when I have finished it.  Very addictive and great for taking my mind off my pain, as well as passing the time constructively when my internet connection is particularly slow.  Anyone else share my love??

My piccy shows some stamped images ready to make the next tag that I am creating for the UK Stampers Stamp Round Robin (where we post a stamp to the next person in the list each fortnight and create something from our surprise), a card that I made for a sketch challenge (see blog post from Tuesday), the Iris Folding owl card kit and assorted 'stuff'.







Happy WOYWW to everyone.

Ali x

14 comments:

  1. that soft blue and dusky pink makes your desk look very very pretty , enjoy your iris folding, I love origami and so iris folding is very appealing - but I'm just not tidy enough to get it spot on...
    dx @98

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous work
    thank you for the look around your crafting space today

    vicky #104 woyww
    http://angeldrummer.blogspot.co.uk/
    Ps I also have saturated canary candy on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your desk love the colours you are working with atm.

    Eliza #26

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing your space
    have a crafty week and
    happy woyww
    kay #98

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colors on your desk! I'll have to Google "Iris Folding" to see what that is all about. Love finding something new! Happy WOYWW! Warmly, Tracy #100

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those images are lovely, never tried Iris folding don't think my fingers could do it. Take care, enjoy this WOYWW, am working my way through the list in shifts! Zo xx 77

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card and good luck with the Iris folding. Thanks for my snoop! Have a great crafty week. HaPpY WoYwW!
    ((Lyn)) feeling very old at #102!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never done Irisfolding before but your card looks beautiful!

    Hope you are having a good WOYWW, sorry I'm a bit late
    #34

    ReplyDelete
  9. Iris folding! Count me as a lover of it. I don't know why but I really enjoy it, all that twiddling with paper, cutting strips, scoring it and then folding it (I can't fold without a guide, I'm a terror that way) and then putting it down strip by strip--then seeing the final masterpiece. Thanks for that. I need to make a card but just have nothing in mind, but Iris Folding now! That sounds fun since I haven't done it in awhile. I've not seen an owl IF, but can spy your pattern and info on your desk. Very cool! Great card creation next to it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always fun to try a new technique. I've not yet tried the iris folding myself, but I do like the look of it. Have a great week! Darnell (184)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOvely card and seems that your craftroom stuff is a bit colourcordinated! :) Great blue colours...

    Thanks for sharing your desk!
    WOYWW nr 92 Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't done any iris folding for years. When I worked I used to collect any envelopes with pretty insides for it!!
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs Lisax #74

    ReplyDelete
  13. No, although I. Like the finish, specially that owl..I don't share your love. I'm not patient enough. At least I know myself!! I like the round-robin images that you've got there, but cri key, don't you get them and wonder what on earth you could do? Prressure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never tried Iris Folding, but love the look of it.
    Happy belated WOYWW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x