Wednesday, 18 April 2012

WOYWW 150

Well, I am up at 5.30 am and ready to share my workspace with the craftying world, and no post yet by Julia over at the Stamping Ground.  This is a friendly place where we all get together on Wednesdays and post a link to a blog post showing our workspace - perhaps a close-up of our desk, more details on storage and a general show of our artistic creations.  Come and join us.

This week I have been very creative and finished most of the stuff on my To Do list for April.  Just finishing off 3 ATCs for the swap hosted by UK Stampers.  These feature heavily in my photo for this week.  I am, in fact, finishing the colouring of the 'Faces' with watercolour pencils whilst each site loads on the laptop (I have very slow internet still).  Talk about multi-tasking!!

I also spend a lot of time entering competitions and blog candy draws.  It seems to pay off, as I usually win something each month.  Last month was particularly good - with a £50 Amazon voucher, $50 dollar voucher for Simon Says, £30 worth of horse feed and some crafty stash.

When I find blog candy I will put details on my blog, so please take the time to read other posts and see if there is something you can enter.

Here is my desk - taken in the sunshine on Tuesday afternoon -




You may wonder why there is sheep's wool on my desk.  Well, I used some on a card last week (see my post entitled Woolly Sheep) and the rest is still sitting there waiting to find somewhere to store it.  You can also see my new watercolour pencils, the ATCs I am working on (see close-up below) and the mirriboard I embossed with a sweet rose design for the ATCs (and got bits left to go in my scrap drawer).  The new love of my life is Debbi Moore's Metal Magic.  Saw this demonstrated on Create & Craft, and had to rush out and buy a pot.  I used it for the necklace and earring on my 'lady' - and it is fab.  Will be using it a lot on my crafting, so look out for the gold!!


BTW - the stamp is from a Kanban set I bought from QVC ages ago (it came in a cute black handbag).



 




Hope everyone is well and had a good week.  Back to my watercolour pencils.

Ali x

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by..What a beautiful Image. And I like your coloring. Have a great WOYWW and a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning Ali

    Love that image - very classy. Agree about the nice bright desk - oh, and you have cotton buds on yours - just like me!

    I'm also waiting for Julia to post - i've been checking all night as i've hardly slept (as usual). Thanks for your comment on my last post - you'll definately be impressed with craft artist - I also have the Docrafts Designer too, as well as obviously MCS.

    I wasn't nervous at all when I was on TV so thanks for the feedback on saying it sounded ok. If you get stuck on anything with CA and I can help - i'll always give it a try.

    Best wishes

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of loveliness here - do like the last image. We could have had a chat if I'd known you were up (lol) so early. Mine was for aching old bones though - pure fluke I got no 1. It was between cupas!

    Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of crafty goodness, I recognised that stamp! Haven't tried Metal Magic yet but do have a number of Debbi Moore's CD's. Take care & enjoy this weeks WOYWW snoop. Zo xx 17

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that stamp and I like metal magic too - it does what it says on the tin (as they say). Regards, Anne #30

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning ATCs. You were up early!
    Sophie x
    No.57

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely organised desk! Liking the ATCs too, I'm off to look up the metal magic!! Thanks for visiting me!

    Hugs, Lisa Sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am definitely loving the gold on the ATCs. I did notice the ball of fluff and wondered what was up with it. Thanks for cluing us nosy folks in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All looking great! That stamp is just beautiful! Have a great week and enjoy this special WOYWW!
    #26

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali - those images are gorgeous! You'll be laughing if you join in the ATC swop suggested by Julia on WOYWW - and I've never, ever made one :( Hey, ho - learning curve coming I think!

      Thanks so much for visiting on WOYWW - have a lovely week :) Di xx

      Delete
  10. lovely classic image on that stamp and well done on winning too, thanks for sharing pics of your desk


    Lisa #112
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. grreat looking desk and I love that stamped image! I love art stamps the most but I have fun with any kind of inky medium. Have a great week and thanks for visitng my blog! Vickie #32

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well the discovery of Metal Magic is going to lead you down the road of all types of embossing now, I just know it! Have a look at the WOW! powders! Glad you explained about the wool...glad it wasn't tumbleweed from lack of crafting at the desk!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one beautiful lady you have there, your colouring skills are brilliant.

    Eliza #103

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's beautiful! Getting around everyone eventually. Happy WOYWW #45

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x