Friday, 13 April 2012

Woolly Sheep !!

For Paper Creations Ink Challenge # 22 the theme is Natural Materials.  I was going to get some shells off the beach, but the farm got busy yesterday and it was too late to drive to the beach (tide in and waves too big!).  Whilst walking the dogs this morning I had sudden inspiration when I saw sheep's wool stuck in the fence.  I have some clean wool in the shed, so pulled a piece off and added it to my card (even trimming it with scissors to give it a tidy up!).

I used the sketch from Stampin' Queens Challenge 34.





















The sheep image and sentiment came from my Peerless Designs Cuddle Upz Volume 2 - Funny Farm CD-Rom.  I made the backing paper myself, by stamping with Walnut Stain Distress Inkpad the leaves image (from a 3Birds set) and colouring with Promarkers.  The ribbon and flower embellishment are from stash.

This is a gorgeous card and I think I will be using wool again in my crafting.

Ali x

4 comments:

  1. You are sooo creative. I love what you did here. Who would of thought to add wool to the card, but yup you did and it looks great. What we crafter's go through to make a card :0) Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, awesome card! Love the creativity. Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Creations Ink.

    hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative and clever girl! I just love the sheep card! It's totally adorable!
    thank you for playing along with us @ SQSC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x