Saturday, 21 April 2012

SQSC35

It is that time of the week again when I print out the sketch from the Stampin' Queens Challenge and attempt to make a card following it!

I am also entering this into the Greetings Card Monday Challenge on the Outlawz Challenges community, which states that my card must include a sentiment.  The theme is 'Distressed', so I got busy with my sanding pad and distressing tool.












I used a sheet of dark green card from my bumper Kanban selection to make the card blank, and ran it through my Cuttlebug with a floral embossing board, and sanded it to bring out the design.  The sentiment is from Tim Holtz and I used a Walnut Stain Distress Inkpad.  This is layered onto Vintage and the new 'Whitewash' Core'dinations.  The badger (stamped with Stazon and coloured with pencils) was free with a magazine a few years ago.  I used more of the Whitewash Core'dinations for this.  The ribbon borders were printed from the latest Digital Designer DVD-Rom - and trimmed with scissors to give the scalloped edge. 

I love this sentiment and use it a lot.

Ali x

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ali

    what a cute badger image - just a lovely card.

    Have a great weekend.

    Be back to see you soon.

    Toodle pip.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card. Love the sketchiness of your stamp choice. very pleasing to the eye.
    thank you for playing along with us @ SQSC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x