Sunday, 29 April 2012

Iris Owl

Don't you just hate it when you accidently press the wrong button, and the post that you had been typing for ages disappears!!! Well, I just did that, so this is the second attempt.

For those who are followers of WOYWW you will be aware that I have rediscovered my love for Iris Folding after finding a bag of patterns, paper strips and card kits in my craft room.  This cute green owl is the first card I have made for ages using this technique.

I used 2 shades of green paper, plus a metallic glittery strip for the centre square.  The eyes were created using a Stampin' Up! punch and I handcut the beak.  3Birds stamps were used for the card front, and a watercolour pencil for the green leaves.  I didn't put a sentiment on, as I thought the card didn't need it - and now it can be used for any occasion.











As usual, my scanner doesn't really do it justice.  The greens are more vibrant.

I enter this into -

Samuel Taylors' April Challenge - Green
(This months fabulous prize is a pot of Indigo Blu "Yorkshire Dales" mega flakes, a tub of Flitter Glu and a scoochy sponge which allows you to apply your flakes effectively.)

Alphabet Challenge - F for Feathered Friends


Ali x

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card!

    thank you for joining in the fun with us at Alphabet challenges for our ” F for feathered friends ” challenge

    Hope you will join us again soon

    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I used to do Iris folding but not done any for a while now!

    Thank you for taking part in the Alphabet's 'Feathered Friends' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x