Monday, 16 April 2012

Artful Times, 2nd Challenge - Shades of Green

It was wonderful to see so many entries to the first Artful Times challenge.  I am entering a 3D postcard into their 2nd challenge - Shades of Green.  This is for the swap being hosted on UK Stampers.  Come and join us - lots of great swaps and inspiration.

I love green and don't use it enough in my crafting.  It was very satisfying to have the choice of colour taken away and I could concentrate on trying some new techniques.

Firstly, I selected all of my scraps of green card/paper in my scrap drawer.  There were 2 different papers, so I weaved them.  The card (from Core'dinations) was torn and stuck down onto the base card.  Any pale parts were inked with a green inkpad.  The paper weaving was added on top, and I created a leaf pile (lots of leaves cut out from the pad which came with the My Craft Studio TSV on QVC last week).  Two of the card squares were stamped (stamp coloured with green Promarkers) with 3Birds stamps, and the third was inked through a little tree stencil and a pen used to make the outline clearer.  I love this effect.


 
I am also entering this into the Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge # 16, where Di and friends have fun in the playground with the contents of their scrap drawers/folders/cupboards!

Ali x













11 comments:

  1. Fab card Ali - that weaving must have taken an age to do but well worth it.

    Be back to see you soon.

    Toodle pip

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful postcard :) lovely layering
    Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von x☺x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the playground Ali - race you to the swings :)

    Fab card and brilliant use of snippets too :)

    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to see all those woven pieces on your card and what a novel way of joining in with our challenge using all those shades of green.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, neet x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us again this week over at Artful Times with you lovely weaved leafy postcard.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really fab card, its lovely. Hugs, Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. An incredibly creative card with a lot of thought behind it. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that layering and weaving and sticking. Looks fab. You must be tired out. Come and sit by me on the swings. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW love the weaving! Great colors and papers.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ali . . . terrific snippet card. I see you have rosy cheeks from racing Di to the swings! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great weaving something I keep intending to do with snippets
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x