Monday, 12 March 2012

SQSC 29

Another week, and another challenge entry.

This is for Stampin Queens
http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/

They post a sketch and us crafters then create with that in mind.

My entry strays from the sketch slightly, as the kraft card ended up a bit too small - so my 12 little buttons had to be laid out in 4's.


It took ages to make, as I haven't got a circle punch - so had to run a die through my Cuttlebug 12 times!!  The months are stamped with a Versamark pad, then embossed in black.  They were aged with a Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad - Old Paper.  A piece of kraft card was used - hand torn, and then inked with Tim Holtz Black Soot (now all over my hands too!).  The sentiment was created on my computer and printed onto Kanban cream textured paper, and then torn as well.  Both are stuck on a Kanban red card blank.

Ali x

3 comments:

  1. Ali this is so cute! and Congrats!!! You have won this weeks prize over at the Stampin' Queens Sketch Challenge!!! for your fantastic entry! Please email me your address so we can get your prize to you. Also you can pick up your "I've been featured" badge for your sidebar here: http://gettincrafty.typepad.com/stampin_queens_sketch_cha/2012/03/sqsc-29-winners.html

    Great Job!!
    Inky Hugs,
    Cristena

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, original style and as fellow crafter I can really appreciate ALL the effort you put into this! The Stampin' Queens have fun sketches, so glad you won, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your card - it was so creative! I'm mailing your re-smile pad today, I hope you will enjoy them and the fuzzy feeling that you get when you share a smile with more than just your recipient!
    Smiles! Heather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x