Sunday, 25 March 2012

Hideous Paper

I hope that you are puzzled when you look at this card and wonder why I have put the above title to this post.  All will be explained.



















I found a really fun challenge over at Hiding in my Craftroom.  HIMCR # 39 is Hideous Paper and I instantly knew that I had a selection of said stash, which my tendency to save everything is now proving worthwhile.  This 'beautiful' flowery and striped paper (which came free with a magazine originally) became the backgrounds, and I worked hard with a cute Easter Bear/Bunny image from The Paper Shelter (coloured with Promarkers and Le Plume pens), ribbons from stash and an Easter sentiment produced on my Digital Designer software (the new Docrafts Papermania Capsule Collection) to create a card that won't make you throw up!

Wouldn't usually select these colours, but it is great to do something different.

The sketch is from the Sketch N Stash challenge # 83.  I missed the deadline for submission!!

Oh well, it means I can enter the following 2 challenges -

CR84FN Color Challenge # 50


and -


Anything Goes Challenge # 63 - Get Ready for Easter



Ali x



9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card .Thank you for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge .
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali, what a DARLING bear/bunny!! And your "hideous" paper actually looks great on your card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card!!
    Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!
    Angela
    HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card Ali! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand that these papers haven't been your favorites, but put together, with this image, they're actually very decorative! I also have a lot of papers in the "hideous" category - you've inspired me to have a go too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You turned your 'hideous' paper into a cute Easter card.
    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's a cute Easter card - the paper isn't "hideous" at all! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Real work of art. Just love it. Thank you for sharing and joining in at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you lots and lots for your fab comments. I read and treasure them all. Ali x